Terms & Conditions
- The County Wire Ltd will publish Contributor’s articles once they have signed up for the service and paid for their subscription.
- Contributors must be businesses operating within the county and have an active Contributor Subscription to The County Wire Ltd to be eligible to have their stories published on the website.
- We are happy to publish informative articles alerting readers to new services, products, events, staff members and opportunities BUT will not publish any outright adverts or sales pitches.
- We will not publish articles which may be construed as libellous, defamatory, derogatory, untrue, misrepresentative or insulting.
- We reserve the right to edit the news items provided to us to maintain a consistent tone on the website but will not alter the facts.
- We encourage members to submit a link to further information and / or contact details with their article.
- We will include relevant landscape images with articles but will not publish logos.
- Contributors should own the rights to distribute the images they send us and, where appropriate, provide details of the photographer for us to credit.
- We can source an image if the Contributor doesn’t have one.
- We will not use stock images provided to us by Contributors as we cannot be sure of the distribution rights.
- Contributors may only submit news about the business holding a valid Contributor Subscription. News about other businesses will not be published.
- Each business must sign up separately as a contributor. Agencies and business associations, may not promote their members and/or clients through their own subscription without prior agreement.
- We’re here to help local businesses share their news in an accessible, fair and affordable way and we welcome feedback to help us to improve the service we offer.